Time Trial Clinics
QCW’s very own, Peter Wimberg, is a certified USAC Coach. He is also an accomplished time trialist with his most recent victory being a Gold Medal at the 2012 State Time Trial Championships in Ohio. Coach Wimberg has taken his knowledge and put together an extensive 2 hour long clinic. Some of the topics discussed in these clinics are:
- Setting up a time trial bike: Whether using a road bike or a dedicated time trial bike, we’ll discuss position on the bike and how to ride both comfortably and with the most power.
- Where are your biking $ best spent: discussion on frames, wheels, helmets, aero-bars, skinsuits and other aerodynamic advantages; some surprising results on wheels studies, highend vs. stock time trial frames, round vs. aero tubing, tire size, bottle placement, and other items we all obsess over for no reason.
- Training for time trials: Intervals that will prepare you for the long and short courses.
- Riding the time trial: How to pace yourself for the fastest time from start, to the rolling hills, to the uphill finish.
- Training and racing with power meters: How to best utilize these devices.
The cost is FREE to Queen City Wheels members, . If you are interested in attending one of these clinics, please contact Coach Wimberg.